The Freemasons Charity continues provided grants to needy individuals (with and without Masonic connections)
to the value of more than $150,000 per annum.
The Purpose of their charitable trust is;
- to afford relief to those in need; render assistance to the aged and infirm and those who are incapacitated
or impaired; to relieve sickness or distress; and to generally ease discomfort of those in need.
- to reward merit and encourage endeavour; to recognise the value of promoting advanced education, learning and knowledge; and generally to promote the study of liberal arts and sciences
- promote research development and practical application on such medical and other topics as may be advantageous to mankind;
- assist such other charity or organisation dispensing charity or reliving sickness or distress and which is considered worth of support; and
- generally provide such other charitable support and assistance consistent with the broadest concepts of public charitable purpose in New Zealand